NHS Eye care.
Here at Parker Optometrists along side our private eye care services we also offer a full NHS eye examination and a range of frames available under the NHS voucher scheme.
Various groups of people are entitled to NHS care (eye examination and spectacles), these include;
- Children under 16
- Full-time students under the age of 19
- In receipt of Income Support, Income based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Tax Credit
- In receipt of Pension Credit guarantee credit
- The holders of HC2 or HC3 certificates
In addition to the above, a free NHS eye examination only is also available to;
- All those over 60 years of age
- Patients suffering from diabetes or glaucoma
- Those over 40 who are the parent/sibling/child of a person who has or had glaucoma
- Those who are registered blind/partially sighted
- Patients who have complex prescriptions which need complex lenses to correct them
Some proof of entitlement would be required on booking the appointment along with your National Insurance number. Following the eye examination if spectacles are required an NHS spectacle voucher will be issued which entitles you to either free spectacles from our budget range or a price reduction on all other ranges.